Friday, February 8, 2013

awwwwwww


I've been tagged?! I feel so special.


Erin over at My Name is Erin tagged and nominated me for a Liebster Award. Apparently it's given to new bloggers who have under 200 followers (haha, do I ever). 

The rules are as follows:
1) List 11 facts about yourself
2) Answer the 11 questions that have been given to you
3) Create 11 new questions for the bloggers that you are nominating for the award
4) Acknowledge the person who nominated you by linking back to their blog
5) Choose 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you feel deserve recognition 
and post on their blog to let them know about the award. 

So let's get started, shall we?
11 Facts about Myself
1. I've never been to the southern hemisphere
2. I cannot brush my teeth standing still
3. I've studied abroad 3 times
4. I went to an all girls school for 14 years
5. I'm 24 and I still have no idea what "career" I want to have in the future
6. I've had a conspiracy theory that cats all over the world are trying to kill me for five years now
7. I've never had a boyfriend
8. My favorite genre of food is Italian 
9. I am impulsive, then regretful, and also indecisive
10. I have a VHS of Angela Lansbury's positive moves workout tape on a display pedestal in my room
11. I love watching TV shows 

11 Questions Given to Me
1. If you were to live in a different country to the one you are in now, where would it be and why? It would have to be England. Because I love France so much, but I don't like where France is headed. England was the first place I traveled internationally when I was young and it really stuck with me. A big part of it feels like home, and I love the pastures and the greenness, and the accents. The people are almost always nice, I find it to be peaceful and calm, I love the history, and yeah.
2. Have you ever travelled internationally? Yes I have. OK. Here we go. Japan, England, Ireland, Scotland, Andorra, Spain, France, The Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, The Netherlands, Greece, Italy, Mexico, Switzerland. Mmmm.... yeah, that's it I think. I still have so many places I want to go.
3If you could only have one job for the rest of your life what would it be and why? If I knew the answer to this question I wouldn't be in that little pickle of #5 on my facts about me list! Haha, but I suppose... if I had to have one job for the rest of my life it would be a travel or beauty magazine writer. Because that way I could write, research, and attend things I love, and it would be rewarding personally and emotionally.
4. What is your biggest fear? I'm afraid of a lot of things but I think the biggest one is my family members dying and me being orphaned.
5. What is your all time favourite quote? "Protect me from what I want."
6. Favourite song at the moment? Yamaha by Delta Spirit. So beautiful and the lyrics are perfect and poignant.
7. Where is your favourite place in the world? Ah. That is such a difficult question. If by favorite place in the world you mean where I go and immediately relax, it's Maui. But there are so many different kinds of places...
8. If you were born 10 years later how do you think you would be a completely different person? Oh. So many ways. I would have been born in 1998. My music taste would be totally different. I would have been born into a different era of technology on which I would be much more dependent, so I think I would be more distant, defiant, and depressed. I think I'd be more screwed up because TV shows and media are so bizarre now and the messages are so distorted, everything is topsy turvy and people trust the wrong sources... basically, yeah, I would hate it. I'm so glad I was born when I was.
9. What is your favourite thing about blogging? I just love blogging so much. It combines everything I love in life, it really does. I can be social, I can hear other peoples voices while establishing my own. I am inspired to take, upload, and share my photographs, thoughts, ideas, and opinions. I can hopefully help other people, I get to write creatively. I love it.
10. What are your hobbies? Ummm... watching TV, working out with my friend Caroline and then going to Starbucks afterwards, coming up with new smoothie recipes, scanning website after website, looking up items I could never afford, watercolor painting, collecting and writing in notebooks, organizing things and then giving up halfway through, blogging, reading fashion articles, traveling.
11. If you had the power to have the entire world listen to you for just 5 minutes what would you tell them? Haha, I don't think anyone would like what I have to say. I would explain to young kids that being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be, and that it happens whether or not you want it to, so really do enjoy being young. I would tell teenagers that they are completely narcissistic and need to get outside themselves. You need to start realizing the world around you, know that you'll be growing up soon and you need to start making important decisions. I'd tell the world that reading is good and important and something we don't value enough anymore. The things that we do value are so devoid of true meaning, we use and rely on electronics too much and don't interact face to face and that's what's making our generation so depressed. We're obsessed with ourselves and our own little worlds, we glamorize imperfections but hate our own, we are body conscious and glorify a specific body type, we objectify women and pay them less than they deserve. I'd ask people to recycle. I'd ask them to study the happenings of our Earth, desertification, plastic reefs, dying species. I'd ask people to visit the elderly who crave the vibrancy and life of youth. I'd ask people to get outside, be active, laugh more, respect other peoples opinions, treat people well. Be good, be someone you can be proud of.  I know this is more serious than not but I mean, that's an important 5 minutes, I'd want to get a lot off my chest!!
1. What is the best adventure you ever went on?
2. Best vacation you ever went on and why?
3. What is your favorite work of art and why?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. Describe your best friend (?)
6. What one word would you use to describe yourself?
7. What was the worst birthday you ever had? Describe it for me.
8. What is your greatest life goal?
9. What was the last movie you saw in theaters? 
10. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
11. I liked that one question of Erin's, If you had been born 10 years earlier, how would you be different?

People I'm Tagging
1. Viivi at Of Lace and Life (so sweet and cute!)
2. Emily at Beauty Reviews and Hauls (great if you like reviews!)
3. Mary at Capitalist Mafia (she's' my sister! but she like, never updates anymore...)
4. Neachell at Neachell's Wardrobe (refreshingly different look!)
5. Ciara at Ciara-Fey (almost to 200 but not quite and gorgeous outfits)
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh you are so nice!! I'm first on the list, and with those compliments! Girl, you make me blush :3

    But thanks for the tag, I'll try and work on this tomorrow! :))

    xo Viivi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, no rush, it took me a long time to answer the questions and stuff, but it's kind of fun! Plus, it helps you get to know everyone more!

      Delete
  2. I'm always on the lookout for new blogs to read, so I'll be checking them all out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I know, it's kind of hard to find new blogs on here! But all those people are so nice, I'm sure you'll find a blog or two you like! :)

      Delete

© Julia Kingsley . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig